Your Invitation to the WRC Annual Meeting – April 18
February 15, 2018
I write to invite you to the 2018 Annual Meeting of the Worker Rights Consortium University Caucus. As you know, the meeting will take place on Wednesday, April 18, in Washington, DC.
Please RSVP, as soon as is convenient, to Lynnette Dunston at email@example.com or by replying to this message.
This will be a one-day meeting. We will start at 9:00 a.m. (light breakfast will be available from 8:30 a.m.) and conclude at 4:30 p.m. The meeting will be held at Georgetown University’s School of Continuing Studies in downtown DC (at 640 Massachusetts Ave., NW).
There is much to discuss and I hope you will be able to join us!
Among the topics we will cover are:
- Challenges and successes in investigating and addressing sexual harassment and gender-based violence in garment factories
- The impact of the erosion of democracy and rule of law in key garment-producing countries on workers producing collegiate apparel
- The progress of the Bangladesh Accord, at collegiate factories and more broadly, as it nears the conclusion of its initial five-year term
- Important gains for workers’ rights in the garment sector in Honduras, building on the success at Russell Athletic’s factories
- The new Nike-WRC factory access protocol and related code of conduct and monitoring issues
We will also update participants on key factory investigations and remediation efforts around the world and review organizational developments. As always, there will be ample time for participants to raise any additional issues of interest or concern.
We will circulate a detailed agenda in the coming weeks. We will also share with you, next week, a list of suggested hotels, convenient to the meeting location. If you have any questions about logistics or the topics we will be discussing, please let us know.
I hope to see you on April 18.
Worker Rights Consortium