WRC Annual Meeting on March 24: RSVP Now!
It is my pleasure to invite you to the 2023 Annual Meeting of the WRC University Caucus, which is slated to take place on Friday, March 24 in Washington, DC. From New York to Addis Ababa to Ürümchi, it has been an eventful year for the WRC and for global efforts to protect garment workers’ rights. We look forward to updating you on key developments from the year and their implications for universities and for workers who produce university logo apparel.
During the meeting, WRC personnel and invited speakers will discuss:
- The new Pakistan Accord on Health and Safety in the Textile and Garment Industry;
- Continued success in recovering back pay for workers subjected to wage theft at university factories;
- Major new developments in extra-territorial labor rights regulation emerging in Europe and the United States, and its implications for the collegiate space;
- The US government’s approach to protecting the rights of workers in key garment producing countries; and
- Key WRC factory investigations and remediation efforts at collegiate factories.
The meeting will be held from 9:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. We thank our colleagues at Georgetown University for hosting us again at the Georgetown University School of Continuing Studies (640 Massachusetts Ave NW).
We look forward to sharing updates and hearing your perspectives on these issues during the meeting. If you have questions or input to share prior to the meeting, please contact me or our Deputy Director for Strategy and Field Operations, Jessica Champagne.
We will be sharing hotel information later this month and a meeting agenda closer to the date—as well as location details for our happy hour on Thursday evening.
I very much hope you can join us in Washington, DC, on March 24.