Key Topics for WRC University Caucus Meeting – May 11
|To:||Primary Contacts, WRC Affiliate Colleges and Universities|
|Date:||March 22, 2010|
|Re:||Key Topics for WRC University Caucus Meeting – May 11|
The following is a list of key agenda topics for the WRC’s annual University Caucus meeting on Tuesday, May 11 at Georgetown University. A full agenda will be circulated closer to the meeting date.
- Russell Athletic: Update and discussion on the implementation of the historic labor rights agreements with Russell Athletic, including presentations by Russell’s Executive Vice-President, Rick Medlin, and union leaders from Honduras.
- Knights Apparel/Living Wage Factory Project: Update and discussion on the launching of Knights Apparel’s new apparel line – made at a factory that pays a living wage and fully respects workers’ associational rights, with presentations by representatives of Knights Apparel and workers from the newly-opened factory in the Dominican Republic.
- Haiti Earthquake Recovery: Update and discussion on the aftermath of the earthquake in Haiti, the impact on the garment industry and its workers, and recovery efforts.
- Key Factory Cases: A review and discussion of key factory investigations and remediation efforts, including the Hugger and Vision Tex cases involving Nike, and the widespread minimum wage violations in India recently uncovered by the WRC.
- Designated Suppliers Program: Update and discussion on the DSP and Department of Justice Business Review process.
- In addition, we will provide a general review on organizational and administrative matters and ample opportunity for participants to raise any issue of interest.
Please let me know if you have any thoughts or questions. We very much hope you can join us on May 11.