Invitation: WRC University Caucus Annual Meeting, May 1, 2012
I write to invite you to the 2012 Worker Rights Consortium University Caucus Annual Meeting on Tuesday, May 1 at Georgetown University in Washington, DC. This one-day meeting will run from 9:00 a.m. until 4:30 p.m.
The meeting will involve presentations, updates and discussions on all of the following subjects:
- A comprehensive review of the WRC’s labor rights work over the past year
- Updates on key projects and factory cases, including PT Kizone (Indonesia), Genesis (Haiti), Gildan Dortex (Dominican Republic), fire safety in Bangladesh, ongoing implementation of the Nike and Russell accords, and other cases/projects of interest
- The Designated Suppliers Program
- An update on the status of the Alta Gracia Apparel factory and ongoing academic research regarding the project’s impact on workers and their families
- Recent developments in the apparel industry on the issue of living wage
- Potential enhancements to the labor standards in the WRC’s Model Code of Conduct (as you know, the WRC Model Code is a set of non-binding recommendations on code language for affiliate universities)
- Updates on organizational matters
There will also be substantial time for open discussion of any issues of interest to attendees.
A detailed agenda, a list of guest speakers, information on the specific location of the meeting at Georgetown, and a list of suggested hotel options will be available soon.
Please RSVP at your earliest convenience, by writing to Lynnette Robinson firstname.lastname@example.org and please contact me with any questions about the agenda or other issues.
I hope you can join us in May.
Worker Rights Consortium
5 Thomas Circle NW
Washington DC 20005
ph 202 387 4884
fax 202 387 3292