April 25: Save the Date for WRC Annual Meeting
December 17, 2021
It is my pleasure to invite you to the 2022 Annual Meeting of the WRC University Caucus, which is slated to take place on Monday, April 25, in Atlanta, Georgia. We will be co-locating our meeting with CLC’s Collegiate Licensing Seminar. We wanted to share this date and location with you at this juncture based on the planning that we and CLC have done, but please note that we will be monitoring public health developments.
Please RSVP for the meeting at this link.
Additional information, including a link for hotel reservations, will be forthcoming in the new year.
Among the topics we will cover are:
- Successes in achieving back pay for workers in cases of wage theft at university factories and other factories;
- Major policy and law enforcement developments with regard to the use of forced labor in the Uyghur Region of China, and the WRC’s continuing engagement with licensees to drive compliance and end the use of forced labor;
- The work to extend the life-saving Bangladesh Accord on Building and Fire Safety and begin the process of expanding it to other countries;
- The ongoing crisis in Haiti of garment workers at collegiate and other factories losing access to medical care due to employers’ malfeasance, and the pace of corrective action; and
- Key WRC factory investigations and remediation efforts at collegiate factories.
If you have questions or suggestions, please contact me or our Deputy Director for Strategy and Field Operations, Jessica Champagne.
I very much hope you can join us in Atlanta on April 25.