Factory: JNB Global / Sams and Rudia
Key Buyers: Sycamore Partners, Target
Last Updated: 2023
The WRC documented violations of worker rights at the Guatemalan garment factory, JNB Global, also known as Sams and Rudia.
Violations at this factory occurred when it required all factory employees to sign new employment contracts that illegally falsified their dates of hire. Further violations occurred when JNB Global fired workers who refused to sign.
The WRC engaged with the buyer Target and, as a result of this engagement, JNB Global agreed to remedy the violations by adjusting the workers’ employment contracts to reflect their original dates of hire. The workers who were fired informed the factory that they did not want to go back to work, and, therefore, remediation for these workers included payment of back wages and full payment of severance benefits.
- WRC Engagement with Target Secures Compensation for Seven Unlawfully Fired Employees, Restores Stolen Severance Rights for 400 Workers at Supplier JNB Global in Guatemala — March 2, 2023
- La intervención del WRC con Target asegura las indemnizaciones de siete trabajadoras(es) despedidas ilegalmente y restablece el derecho a la indemnización que les había sido arrebatado a las 400 trabajadoras(es) de JNB Global en Guatemala — March 2, 2023
- Target Supplier JNB Global Fires Workers and Steals Severance — June 16, 2022
In the news:
- Five-Figure Pay Day: Guatemalan Target Supplier Settles Worker Dispute — Sourcing Journal, March 3, 2023
- Guatemalan Target Supplier’s Laid-Off Workers Still Waiting for Severance — Sourcing Journal, January 3, 2023